Saturday 21 February 2015

Speech Success Criteria and Some Interesting Research

This year I've had the opportunity to attend Leadership Team Meetings for our family of schools, and the focus has been on mathematics. At the most recent meeting this slide jumped out at me, as it relates to our first inquiry on challenge and failure and speaks to the importance of struggling in order to learn. I will talk to the class about this but wanted to share it with parents as well. We, (I) as parents, often want to save our children from the frustration of struggle in academics, but, in fact, the struggle is where learning happens! 



These charts are currently hanging in our classroom, and I thought that posting them would be helpful for students as they practise speeches at home. The students and I co-created the success criteria after reading and watching many speeches and analyzing the components of a good speech.




No comments:

Post a Comment