Tuesday 29 April 2014

Grade 6 Electricity Project


Grade 6's are working on an electricity project. The goal is to build a device, toy or game. The success criteria was created by the students, and is above. I have provided groups with their needed electrical components, based on their materials list in their design. (Thank you to the Parent Council for raising the money to supplement my classroom budget so that I could do this!) I ask that groups provide their own batteries. Most groups are using D batteries; one group is using 9 volt. Students will have time in class this week on Thursday and Friday and next to work on this. I prefer that most or all the work be done at school, as I want to see the process. We will aim to have groups present their projects on May 15th, barring any technical difficulties. If students need extra supplies, I bought supplies at Active Surplus Electronics at 347 Queen W. Hopefully this project will help students develop an understanding of electricity as well as inspire some future engineers, electricians or entrepreneurs! 

No comments:

Post a Comment