Tuesday 8 September 2015

Welcome to the 2015-16 school year!


Sept. 8th, 2015


Dear Parent,

I hope that you had a wonderful summer. I look forward to a working together to help your child achieve success and grow. My teaching philosophy is based on the Tribes method, which emphasizes mutual respect in order to create a safe, caring environment in which everyone can succeed.

I believe that parents and teachers must work as a team in order for students to be successful. As such, I ask you to please email me directly with any questions, concerns or information at msbronwyndavidson@gmail.com. Please email me this week so that I can compile a class email list. I use this online blog as a communication tool, and I ask you to read it weekly. I update it every Friday and put all important dates and homework on it. You can subscribe to the site and receive automatic updates by clicking on the link “subscribe via email,” and adding your email address. (As a busy parent, I find this easier, as emails get sent to my inbox.) I’m also available to discuss more pressing issues over the phone, or in person. The school’s phone number is 416 393-1740. I believe that any problem can be solved by communicating and working together.

I ask you to provide your child with the following items this week:

·       *     pencils, an eraser, a highlighter and markers
·         *              memory stick (USB)

Here are a few other details:

·     *             Students should bring or wear running shoes to school every day for phys. ed., DPA (daily physical activity) and dance.
·     *            I have included the schedule for room 21. If it helps with family organization to send swimsuits and towels on Mondays, please do.


I look forward to a great year together!

Best,
Bronwyn Davidson


No comments:

Post a Comment